External Beam Radiotherapy for Retinoblastoma
- Failed local tumor control.
- Orbital disease.
- Germline retinoblastoma, because of the risk of inducing cancer.
- Age less than 1 year, because of the risk of facial deformity.
- The treatment is administered under sedation.
- Up to 25 small doses of radiation are given daily or every two days.
- Cancer formation, if the patient has a germline mutation.
- Facial deformity, if the patient is less than 1 year old.
- Brain damage, which may affect the personality.